What Is A Watch Party?
Watch Parties are an easy way to build healthy faith-filled relationships and grow personally in your faith! Choose a date and time (we highly recommend Sunday mornings at 9 am so you can join us for THE LOBBY on Zoom) to get together in your home with a few other people. You can enjoy snacks—or a full meal—together as you watch the Eikon Online message and then take some time to discuss and process what you are learning. It’s an excellent opportunity to ask questions, share some insights, and develop some next steps to apply your faith to everyday life. You can also use the questions and resources below to keep the conversation going!
Our Current Series
Have you ever been at a loss for words when someone asks you what certain passages of the Bible mean and how they apply to everyday life? We would love for you to join the discussion and discover answers that may help! In this series, we will be using the book, ‘WHAT IS THE BIBLE?’ by Rob Bell to guide us through actual passages to reveal the humanity behind the Scriptures and get to the heart of the Bible’s meaning.Buy The Book
Questions For Discussion:
- What big questions did you have after you first read the Bible?
- Have you ever read the Bible all the way through?
- What is your favorite book of the Bible?
- What is the most challenging thing about reading the Bible?
- How have you been able to apply Biblical concepts to everyday life?
- Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again by Rachel Held Evans
- How the Bible Actually Works: In Which I Explain How An Ancient, Ambiguous, and Diverse Book Leads Us to Wisdom Rather Than Answers—and Why That’s Great News by Peter Enns
- The Very Good Gospel by Lisa Sharon Harper
- The Bible For Normal People by Peter Enns & Jared Byas | Episode 160: The Risk of an “Errant” Bible
- Existential Podcast by Corey Leak | Episode 18: (My Grandmother’s Jesus) with Kat Armas
- Reclaiming My Theology Podcast by Brandi Miller
- Activist Theology Podcast by Dr. Robyn Henderson-Espinoza
Find Or Host A Watch Party
At Eikon, we want to make space for everyone to get connected. If you are interested in opening up your home to people you may not already be personally connected to in the Eikon faith community, or if you are looking for a Watch Party to get connected to, please fill out the form below!