Psalm 145:7 reminds us to celebrate the great things that God has done in our lives and the lives of others around us. Did you get a chance to download and read over the STATE OF THE CHURCH report that highlights some of the amazing things God is doing in and through the people of Eikon?!? If not, head over to eikonchurch.com and enter your e-mail address at the bottom of the page to receive your copy. As you read over it, take a moment to thank God for all that He’s done in your life and all that He is doing through you and your connection to the local church!
A recent guest at Eikon shared that they had a very enjoyable experience from the warmth of the greeter at the door to the worship experience, to the messaging content and are looking forward to coming back the next week! That and other experiences like it would not be possible without the environment created by all those who serve on our Eikon Serve Teams! Ephesians 3:20-21 reminds us how much God can do in and through us. Take time today to pray for our Serve Teams at Eikon and consider joining a team this Sunday to help us create spaces for faith to grow!
We want to be people that are FOR OUR CITY! When Eikon began the For Our City campaign in 2016, we had dreams of environments being created for people in the community to connect with Christ more deeply. God has done all that and more! He has used the generosity and prayers of people just like you to help build out spaces for community connection and for the next generation to grow in God’s love. Read over 2 Corinthians 8:7 and seek out where God is leading you to excel in the grace of giving and make a move in that direction whether with your finances, time, or dedication to prayer.
You probably don’t know this, but we support individuals working in ministry at Texas State, in the rock climbing world, in the rodeo community, in the jungles of Ecuador, in Indonesia, and even in the Middle East. Later this year we will be embarking on our first missions trip to Monclova, Mexico! Take time out today to read over 1 Chronicles 16:24 and pray for those living in spaces all over the world without the hope of Jesus. Pray that God will make a way for them to hear the Gospel truth through any means possible and seek God for what part He wants you to play in seeing His glory spread across the world.
Life is better when we live it together! Acts 2:42 reminds us that we should not just show up to hear the Sunday morning message, but that we should get connected to community to share life and talk through what God is revealing to us in His word. Are you connected to an Eikon Small Group? Are you connected to community in an Eikon Serve Team? Are you part of a local book club or organized sports league? Take a moment to pray for those that you are in community with. If you’re not connected in community, ask God to help you take a bold step to invite someone into your story. You’re worth knowing!
TALK IT OVER
- What do you look forward to the most about attending church at Eikon?
- What has your favorite Sunday morning message been so far?
- What has your church experience been like on your own journey of faith?
- What do you believe the local church was originally created for?
- What has been exciting to watch grow at Eikon Church?
- If you’re not currently connected to a Serve Team at Eikon, which one would you like to be a part of? (First Impressions: Hosts, Parking Lot, Mission Coffee, Safety; Creative: Worship, Productions, Stage Hands; Connections: Info Center, Follow-Up, On-Boarding; Family Ministries: Nursery, Early Childhood, Elementary, Youth.)
- If you are currently connected to a Serve Team at Eikon, what made you want to be a part of it?
- What are you looking forward to growing in personally (faith/life-wise) in this year?
- What dreams or prayers do you have for the future of Eikon Church?