We want our community and our world to know that Eikon Loves, and that includes YOU! No matter what you are facing today, or what is looming in the days ahead, please know that you are not alone. Not only does God see, know, and care deeply for you, but so does this faith community. Galatians 6:2 is what we want to be for you. If you have any prayer needs or physical needs for today and the rest of this week, please reach out. Reach out to your Small Group. Reach out to your Serve Team. Reach out to our prayer request through our Eikon mobile app under the SUNDAY tab. Know that we are here for you and we love you!
Love is not something we occasionally do; it’s something we increasingly become. This past Sunday, we heard about individuals in our church from Messy Girl Ministry who were led by the Spirit to serve with the Renovado Ministries home for women and children feeling violence and persecution in Juarez, Mexico. Following the Spirit is messy, dangerous, and complex, but it leads us to some of the greatest expressions of love. Galatians 5:22 tells us that the fruit of the Spirit is love. Create some space today to pray a ”messy” prayer and ask the Lord to help you answer the question: “What does love require of me?”
I think we can all agree that life hits hard at times, and ‘the struggle is real.’ Many times this struggle fights hardest in the middle of addictions. On Sunday, we heard about a new recovery group meeting at Eikon called ‘Hell And Back Recovery.’ Do you have a loved one who would benefit from participating in a healthy road to recovery through this group? Be bold and brave, and invite them to check it out. As you think of that person today, read over John 8:36 and pray the words in that scripture verse over the person you are thinking of. Even if they refuse your offer, continue pointing them to hope in Christ!
Love is the beginning, middle, and end of following Jesus. So if you want to follow Jesus, find someone, and love them well. On a day like today, it’s easy to shut the doors, turn out the lights and disconnect from those participating in Halloween. However, we want to challenge you to do something that shows love to your neighbors. Whether that means passing out candy, helping families cross the street, or praying for passersby, let the Spirit lead you. As you think about those who may be in your neighborhood tonight, read over 1 John 3:16-18 and pray for their safety, health, and well-being!
Amazima Ministries is dedicated to living out the love of Jesus by educating and empowering the people of Uganda. Two young adults from our church, Daniel and Rebekah Belt, are going to be partnering with Amazima in the next year, and we could not be more excited! Would you take a moment to lift a prayer of blessing and provision for them? Then, take a moment to pray and ask God if there’s anywhere near or far that He would like you to connect with and serve alongside in a meaningful way? As you take that next step of obedience, know that you are bringing the words of 1 John 4:7-8 to life!
TALK IT OVER
- How are you planning to spend your Halloween evening?
- How do you typically show love to others?
- How do you know when someone is genuinely showing love to you?
- Were you able to use your Eikon Loves_____ card(s) in the past week? If so, how?
- What do you think it would be like to serve others in Uganda?
- What do you think it would be like to serve refugees at the border like Messy Girl Ministry did?
- What would it look like for you to support someone who is going through a recovery program?
- What are your thoughts on this quote by Mike McHargue: “Never let your faith allow you to take a step of distance and say that only God does the loving. Because that’s disembodied, and uninteresting, and it breaks hearts. If you believe in an empty tomb YOUR job is to love your neighbor and not just say that God does.”